Labels

Comments

I LOVE comments, so please, if you have an opinion or would like to ask a question, do so. But do check back as I shall answer any questions in the comments of the relevant post - that way, everyone can benefit from everybody's knowledge and advice.

Wednesday 13 November 2013

Beauty in a Pill

I was amazed to see an advert on tv for Pilfood.  The ad was in Spanish and I didn't follow all of it but it looked like they were saying that the models fabulous hair was down to her taking a supplement.  I couldn't let this pass without further investigation.



Most of us are aware that if we eat the correct vitamins and minerals in a healthy diet, our general appearance will improve.  But now it seems that we can bypass the healthy diet and simply take a pill instead!  If the advertising is to be believed.

It is so tempting isn't it?  A shortcut to beautiful hair.  It implies that everyone can have the hair of their dreams.  There was a time in my life when I would have seriously considered buying such a thing.  I am glad that it wasn't available, although if the publicity is to be believed, all the vitamins and minerals it contains were and have been available for many years.


A rather good article on the subject of supplements for beauty is available here.  

I don't discount such a thing.  I am not immune to the lure of promises made by advertising companies but I do urge caution.  A balanced healthy diet is still the safest, surest route to looking your best.  And for the penny pinchers among us (me included in this) the most economical too.  Before you go out and spend all your money on supplements... do your research... especially since advice seems to be that results may not be noticed for several weeks or even months... and I add... if at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but due to repetitive spam posts in the comments I can no longer accept comments from 'Anonymous' contributors. Replies to any questions in your comments will be posted below so that everyone can benefit from the exchange of knowledge and views. Please check back regularly to follow the conversation. :-)